Ji River Acupuncture
We offer weekday, weekend and evening acupuncture treatments from two fully qualified practitioners. As well as using Traditional Chinese Medicine, we integrate the very important work of Japanese masters, using diagnosis through palpation. This gives instant feedback to the patient and practitioner, as well as a measure as to the effectiveness of every treatment.
What’s unique about Japanese Acupuncture?
- We use virtually painless needling techniques with the smallest gauge needles available.
- Japanese acupuncture combines classical Chinese medical theory with modern pathophysiology to give a new way of looking at patients conditions.
- Patient always receives a front and back treatment, maximising the treatment time.
- We use palpation of the abdomen, neck and back as a major part of diagnosis to find ‘reflexes’, which are areas of tenderness or pain.
- We then test these reflexes against associated acupuncture points. When the correct points are found, immediate relief is often felt by the patient in the reflexes.
- This means that treatments are based on practical findings and both the practitioner and patient receive positive feedback from the body on the effectiveness of the treatment before needling any points.
- We are also able to test the reflexes against your symptoms, such as injuries, areas of pain, headaches, breathing difficulty e.t.c
- This process allows us to discover the underlying root of your symptoms, as well as treating you constitutionally, so that the body can heal optimally.